Incredible Years Parent Programme Basic Training
Wednesday the 20th June to Friday the 22nd June 2018 - Wellington
Registration closes on Wednesday 9th May 2018
Werry Workforce Whāraurau is delighted to host our three day basic training for delivery of The Incredible Years® Parenting Programme. This workshop is intended for professionals who are working with families of young children (including those with significant behavioural difficulties) and who wish to deliver The Incredible Years® parenting programme. We particularly encourage kaimahi Māori and those working with whānau Māori to apply, although all applicants will be considered.
Incredible Years® Basic Training Workshop:
This 3-day workshop will provide -
- An outline of programme content. Incredible Years® Parent Programme is designed to promote positive parent-child relationships and to assist parents in managing children’s behaviour difficulties. Programme content covered in this training workshop includes: play, praise, academic, social and emotional coaching, positive reinforcement, limit setting, natural and logical consequences, problem-solving and effective communication skills.
- Opportunities to develop the basic facilitation skills required for delivering the Incredible Years® Parenting programme. Training will explore the group therapy processes involved in this programme, including working collaboratively with parents, exploring and teaching parenting methods and effective ways to engage with and support parents who are struggling.
- The Incredible Years® book – A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children 2-8 Years will be supplied as well as a workbook for the workshop.
Training will enable Group Leaders to deliver -
- The Incredible Years® Toddler Programme (1 – 3 years)
- The Incredible Years® Pre-School Programme (3 - 6 years)
- Note: An additional update day is required to deliver the School Age Programme (specifically focused for the older age group, 9 - 12 years) and the Baby Programme (0 - 12 months). This 3 day training is a prerequisite for attending all Update Days.
There is an expectation that those who attend this training will go on to work towards Accreditation in the programme. Information regarding Accreditation will be provided at the workshop.
Group leader manuals and resources are not provided at the 3 day training. Additional books and programme materials such as leader manuals, DVDs, parent handouts, etc. can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website.
More information about Basic Trainings can be found as below:
We recommend this training for clinicians/therapists with a background in social work, psychology, counselling, nursing, teaching, occupational therapy, family therapy or child and adolescent psychiatry. A good understanding of parenting, child development and knowledge of group work processes will maximise this training experience. This is an intensive, practical training workshop over 3 full days, and there is an expectation that those attending will fully participate in the skills-based training. Attendance at all 3 days is required to complete the training.
Please apply as soon as possible as workshop places are strictly limited.
Note that registration is not a confirmation of acceptance onto the training.
Applications close at 5 pm on Wednesday the 9th of May 2018.
Confirmation of placements on training will be sent after this date.