UC Health Centre - University of Canterbury
- Do you have a passion for youth health, mental health and well-being?
- Do you love work-life balance? We have attractive part-time hours to support this
- Would you like to work in a great environment with professional support
What You Will Do
The Health Centre at University of Canterbury is looking for a Medical Practitioner to join their team.
Who You Are
As the successful candidate you will ideally have:
- RNZCGP Fellowship or equivalent
- Professional Indemnity Insurance and Annual Practicing Certificate (required)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Qualifications or experience in: the full range of General Practice services and particular competence in Health Education, Emergency primary care, Mental Health, Sexual Health including Family Planning, Dermatology and minor surgery, Musculoskeletal Medicine, are desirable.
- Experience using a medical practice management system, preferably Medtech.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations, including but not limited to Privacy, Health and Disability, Consumer Rights and Health and Safety.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Confidence with a wide variety of cultures and personalities.
Who You Will Work With
Our team of highly skilled, motivated professionals take care of the students and staff on the vibrant Ilam campus in an excellent, modern facility. The practice is Cornerstoned and the medical service is integrated with counselling, physiotherapy and dietitian services.
The University of Canterbury is committed to promoting a world-class learning environment through research and teaching excellence, and has a vision statement of "People Prepared to Make a Difference".vYou will have the opportunity to work alongside members of a diverse academic community and enrich your own professional and personal development.
For information about the range of fantastic benefits that UC offers including flexible work practices, study opportunities and generous superannuation and leave provisions, please visit us: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/joinus
How You Apply
Applications for this position should include a cover letter, resume and any additional attachments combined into one document and submitted through the online application process. Unfortunately we do not accept applications by email, however we are happy to answer your queries in relation to the application process, please forward these to email@example.com, Recruitment Coordinator.
You must have New Zealand or Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency or a valid visa that allows you to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
The University of Canterbury is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligation under the Treaty of Waitangi.